Friday, May 20, 2011

It's The Little Things Really

Rarely does a day go by when I don't have a moment of gratitude for having my own business. After all, I knew from a young age I wanted to build my own company and when dreams come true you don't take them for granted. While the big moments are great, like moving into an office, little moments can mean just as much. Which brings to this- the most boring picture I have ever put on this blog...


Yesterday I opened the mini fridge in the new office and it made me smile. Not really sure why, I guess because it looked so like me. And just like that, for whatever odd reason, I was reminded why I work like a crazy person.


Another inspiring moment came recently while reading this quote from Emerson of EmersonMade:


The first thing is to decide on the deepest level that the thing you love doing is worth doing, so much so that it is worthy of obsession. That’s the fire that starts the engine. After that, you must promise yourself to work extremely hard and do good work everyday, and that you will never give up, no matter what. Just say, “I will never give up, I will never give up, I will never give up,” like the little engine that could. When you decide this, everything you want is yours —it’s just a matter of working hard and pushing through the hard parts with a grin on your face. The grin comes from knowing you can do it because you decided you would.



Now if I could just get my hands on that dress she is wearing.....


PS-Yes, that is actually V8 in the fridge. Turns out this mom-to-be developed an aversion to veggies once pregnant so I have to get it any way I can.


Quote Here via Sweet Nothings

11 comments:

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

Love the fridge photo... too funny. I love V8!

.... and the Emerson Made dress!

Anonymous said...

great quote! glad to hear the new office is coming along! and, i heart peppermint patties in the fridge too!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com said...

Awww... I totally GET what you're saying... life is made of moments just like that, when you realize that all the sacrifices are worth if you keep walking on the right path.

Congratulations... life IS good!

Enjoy a beautiful weekend! :-)

xo

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

MrsB said...

Here is MY favorite Emerson quote:

"One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive hour. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year."

I try to live by it most days.

paula said...

Love her thoughts, so good. The fridge is fabulous. Yorks are my favorite!

JMW said...

It is the little things that make it all worth while. Now, if only my own fridge were that organized! Love the statement from Emerson - people who are pursuing their passions are very fortunate.

emily said...

love your blog, and sentiments like these keep me coming back! thanks for that :-)

Marianne said...

One of the best quotes I've seen in a long time. I'm saving that one!

Anonymous said...

i posted that emmerson made quote about a month ago. I love it. it should be required to everyone upon graduating college. hence why im planning on going back lol!

Kellie Collis said...

"I will never give up, I will never give up, I will never give up." - Love that! Enjoy the beautiful weekend, Kellie xx

Unknown said...

LOVE that quote! and both pictures ; )